Auteur Topic: On the way to our mountain cabin.  (gelezen 2363 keer)

Magnar Aspaker

• Junior
  • Geslacht: Man
On the way to our mountain cabin.
« Gepost op: 2 juni 2011, 21:27:48 »
Dryas octopetala in a natural scree. Rucus chamaemorus in the bog.

Luc Gilgemyn

• Algemene moderator
  • Superposter
    • Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging
Re:On the way to our mountain cabin.
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 3 juni 2011, 12:28:36 »
Beautiful Norwegian nature, Magnar !! 
Maybe you could show us some more of it ??
Harelbeke-West-Vlaanderen

Cor van Kapel

• Top poster
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 3 juni 2011, 18:39:11 »
Magnar, I have a rose flouwering Rubus chamæmorus found near by Dovrefjell last year. I think it is the same but this one was groing in Sphagnum in a bog. Do you now of the soil has effect on the color of the flower?
« Laatst bewerkt op: 4 juni 2011, 13:11:13 door Cor van Kapel »

Magnar Aspaker

• Junior
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 3 juni 2011, 22:18:06 »

Yes I certainly can show you more of our nature. And that scree has a lot of interesting plants growing in it, but only the Dryas was in bloom right now. The  special thing is that here up north alpine plants grow all down to sea level. and even on small islands in the fjord. 

Magnar Aspaker

• Junior
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 3 juni 2011, 22:26:41 »
Magnar, I have a rose flouwering Rubus chamæmorus found near by Dovrefjell last year. I think it is the same but this one whas groing in Sphagnum in a bog. Do you now of the soil has effect on the color of the flower?

Rubus chamaemorus grow abundantly here, both in the woods and mountains. The plans often grow on sphagnum in bogs, but can also be found on  ordinatry soil in moist places. I have never seen any red floweing plants. From the pic it looks to me that this is a plant that has flowered over and the petals have fallen off. When the do, the seplas turn red, and on female plants they will later cover the fruit, if there has been a pollination, until it's almost ripe.

Magnar Aspaker

• Junior
« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 3 juni 2011, 22:29:42 »
This is the island where the scree is, and our cabin is in a valley behind this 1000 meter high mountain.

Cor van Kapel

• Top poster
« Reactie #6 Gepost op: 3 juni 2011, 22:53:22 »
From the pic it looks to me that this is a plant that has flowered over and the petals have fallen off. When the do, the seplas turn red, and on female plants they will later cover the fruit, if there has been a pollination, until it's almost ripe.
I think you have right Magnar :-[. I take a good look to the origenal picture (200%) and there are no petals any more :o.

Frankie Wulleman

• Rotsplantfanaat
  • Superposter
  • Alpinelover
« Reactie #7 Gepost op: 3 juni 2011, 23:46:48 »

Yes I certainly can show you more of our nature. And that scree has a lot of interesting plants growing in it, but only the Dryas was in bloom right now. The  special thing is that here up north alpine plants grow all down to sea level. and even on small islands in the fjord. 

I am also interested, Magnar in the plants wich grow in your country. Don't be shy and show them if it's possible.
Lichtervelde, West-Vlaanderen

Wim Boens

• Rotsplantfanaat
  • Superposter
    • Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging
« Reactie #8 Gepost op: 6 juni 2011, 09:31:37 »
Magnar, dank u om dit hier te tonen. En zoals iedereen, ben ik benieuwd naar meer.