Pindos 2023

Gestart door Van Gelis, 20 oktober 2023, 17:31:09

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Van Gelis

Hello! Time to introduce myself and for you to practice a bit your English  :D I moved to Belgium some time ago but originally I am from the Pindos area of Greece. Here are some photos from this year.

The first picture is Allium trifoliatum, normally it flowers white but there are many forms. A compact allium that flowers with the leaf in green state.

Van Gelis

Lomelosia epirota, a very compact evergreen shrubby lomelosia endemic to Epirus

Van Gelis

Aethionema saxatile, needs no introduction!!

Van Gelis

Achillea umbellata with Cerastrium candidissimum growing through. Both Greek endemic species!

Van Gelis

Ramonda serbica, what to say first for this Balkan endemic! Known as a shade plant but in habitat i have observed that they grow equally good in sun. By mid-july the plants go totally dormant.

Mark Stolk

Oh how beautiful!! I have been there at Micropapingo. It is heavenly there!
Met vriendelijke groet

Van Gelis

Clinopodium alpinum, grows everywhere!

Van Gelis

In the sun they keep a better form!

Van Gelis

Malcomia orsiniana subsp. serbica. I love this one and I believe it deserves wider appreciation!!

Van Gelis

Aubrieta scardica. it is very hard to identify Aubrieta's, surely for me. A clear characteristic of this species is that the seed pods are compressed, almost flat, and very long compared to the width. 

Van Gelis

Saxifraga marginata, a few days too early for the flowers. But with this plant they are not necessary, it is always beautiful!

Van Gelis

Viola sp., possibly riviniana.

Van Gelis

Helleborus odorus subsp. cyclophyllus

Van Gelis

Colchicum boissieri, at least if I assume from the very small size and the location. But could be also everything else.

Van Gelis

Habitat with Valeriana officinalis and Lamium garganicum. In the far back left Lunaria annua subsp. pachyrhiza.